Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Designing my site

The second week of TBIP was basically about creating a website. This week's workload grew a lot. Aside from keeping up with learning about affiliate marketing and keeping up with researching my niche, I have to learn about designing and creating websites! I've decided not to outsource just yet because I want to be able to really learn everything. It's taking up a lot of time, and I feel it's worth it.

Since my last update, I've registered myself at several forums for my niche. One site had me wait three days before I could start posting just to make sure I wasn't a spammer. I've done more reading about my niche at different websites.

I've also started designing my site. I chose the color scheme of my site. I chose based on color psychologhy:
www.sibagraphics.com/coulour.php

Today I created a sitemap. I was having trouble because I kept getting the urge to create a different site for each of my personas, but after several drafts I finally chose one that I think will work.

I also wanted to learn more about database driven sites. They separate content from design and provide an easy solution to being able to quickly update your sites. Are database driven sites the only solution? I must look into it. Anyway, here's the SQL/PHP tutorial I took:
http://dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/articles/ddws/index.html

No comments: