Sunday, May 4, 2008

Getting Started

Welcome to my blog about affiliate marketing. I'm a beginner in affiliate marketing. I'm eager to learn and share with you my so-called journey.

Why I'm doing affiliate marketing: There's the obvious, I want to work harder for myself than I do for someone else. I see the huge potential. My close friend Brad had actually quit his day job! So the promises aren't made from some distant infomercial, I can see it happening through someone I personally know.

Who I am: I am Julia. I have no experience in affiliate marketing whatsoever. I took a few courses on web development and Photoshop and would say my knowledge in both is intermediate. Brad invited me to join The Black Ink Project (which I like to call TBIP) by Jeremy Palmer.

What I am doing now: TBIP starts tomorrow. I spent the last week reading High Performance Affiliate Marketing by Jeremy Palmer. It was really a really good book and it provided a good foundation.. Brad and Jeremy both mentioned using PHP so I also spent a few hours taking a PHP tutorial at PHP.net . I also read a few blogs written by other affiliate marketers.

Can't wait till TBIP starts!

No comments: