Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Niche researching

I still haven't chosen my first niche, but I do have one that stands out from my list. I started doing some research about it. I was a little surprised that I did not find as many competitors selling products as I thought I would. I think I only found one affilliate and the noticed a lot of the PPC ads were the direct sellers- no affiliate in between? I did find a lot of sites that ask you to fill out forms (which I believe is another form of internet marketing, but not my focus as of right now)

This made me wonder if there were any merchants in my niche. I signed up for Clickbank. It was pretty easy. I found several merchants for my niche. Including one of which I was a customer of! This was encouraging..

Is the lack of competitors a sign of a bad niche or hidden niche?

1) what are the keywords I should target?
2) what will be my unique angle be?
3) what are customers looking for?
4) how will i drive them to my site: paid search? organic results? blogging? i hesitate with blogging because i'm not a professional/expert in the industry of this particular niche.

No comments: